We love our Hemp Balm! Here at Queen City Hemp, we’re all about finding ways to unwind, practice self care, and unleash our creativity. Testing out a variety of uses for our Hemp Balm allowed us to do all three! Now that our team has tried each of these innovative ways to use the Hemp Balm, we invite you to try and indulge in some self care, too. You deserve it!
SKIN & NAILS:
Deep Moisturizing Mask
Following your normal cleansing routine, apply a quarter-sized amount to your entire face. Let the mask sit between 15-60 minutes. Remove with warm water or a hot towel.
- Hot Towel Prep: Run a washcloth or hand towel under hot water and wring extra water out. Then, gently wipe the towel over your face to remove balm. Add a spa element by combining a few drops of your favorite essential oil (be sure you’ve tested the essential oil on your skin previously to avoid irritation)!
Daily Face Moisturizer
After cleansing your face like normal, apply a pea-sized amount of balm to your face and gently massage into skin.
- Take your skin routine to the next level with this calming moisturizer perfect for morning or night! If you’re using this in the morning, don’t forget to apply sunscreen, too!
Cuticle and Nail Conditioner
Follow an at-home manicure (where you’ve filed your nails and pushed cuticles back), and massage a tiny amount of the balm to your cuticle and nail bed area.
- Treat yourself to an at-home manicure complete with this simple cuticle and nail conditioner that’ll leave your fingers feeling and looking healthy!
Dry Patch Recovery
Apply balm to affected dry and itchy areas and let absorb!
- Flaky skin during the dry months? Not anymore! Just remember to avoid contact with your eyes!
Moisturizing Hand & Foot Masks
Generously lather balm on dry feet or hands. Put on fuzzy socks or mittens to help absorption, and leave on for 2-8 hours.
- This is perfect for a sleep mask overnight or during a day at home!
Hydrating Hair Mask
Say goodbye to dry, split ends! Massage a small amount of balm into ends of hair and tuck hair into a shower cap, ponytail or a braid. Let hair and mask sit for 2-8 hours, then rinse and wash as usual.
- Double up on the hemp balm relaxation by using this hair mask & the hand/foot mask at the same time.
Essential Oil Temple Massage
Mix a pea-sized amount of balm with your favorite essential oils (after ensuring the essential oil doesn’t cause any skin irritation!). Massage into your temples and relax!
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths as you massage the essential oil + balm mixture in your temples!
Place a small amount of the balm in a microwave safe dish and warm in the microwave for 30 seconds or until its liquidy. Use for a massage immediately — as the balm cools, it will return to its previous “balm” consistency.
- A hemp balm provides the ultimate relaxing and soothing massage experience, especially when warmed up!
Gently massage your cheeks and jaw with the balm.
- This is especially helpful for people who suffer from jaw pain caused by anxiety, teeth grinding, TMJ, etc.
Sore Muscles & Joints
Massage balm on affected areas and stretch.
- Use following activity, after the shower or when you’re just feeling a little more stiff than normal. While you’re applying the balm, stretch and loosen up!
Apply a quarter-sized amount to hands and massage into skin for 30-60 seconds. Continue massaging until most of the balm has absorbed, then use a hot towel to wipe off any extra. Or, leave any extra balm on your hands and put gloves on to help with absorption.
- Hot towel prep: Run a washcloth or hand towel under hot water and wring extra water out. Then, wipe your hands with a towel.
Who knew there were so many beneficial uses for one product? We did — and now you do too! Next time you have a few spare hours, treat yourself to some of these calming DIY masks or if you’re in a hurry, rub a bit of the balm on your muscles and joints for relief! Be sure to let the Queen City Hemp team know which of these hemp balm uses are your favorite and maybe even share a photo of you relaxing with a mask!