Hemp oil has exploded in popularity over the last couple of years, as the previous stigma associated with cannabis products has continued to dissipate along with increased legalization. And it’s easy to see why hemp is so popular, it’s extremely rich in a variety of important vitamins, minerals and other substances, including protein, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, insoluble fiber, vitamins A and B, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, phosphorous and much more.
Here are nine of the most important health benefits of hemp oil to consider:
- Better hormonal balance: Hemp contains gamma-linolenic acid, a substance that gets converted into an important hormone called prostaglandin PGE1. This hormone regulates hormonal balance and supports better menopausal health.
- High fatty acid content: Many people do not get enough omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in their diet. This is especially challenging for vegetarians and vegans. Hemp oil includes high levels of each of these important substances.
- Lower cholesterol: Hemp oil is the only vegetable oil available that contains the perfect balance of the aforementioned fatty acids, which helps to accelerate metabolic processes in the body and therefore lower levels of cholesterol. A faster metabolism means more fat gets burned off, which prevents those fats from getting built up on the walls of your arteries.
- Lower risk of heart disease: By helping you to manage your cholesterol, hemp oil can help you to lower your risk of heart disease. Considering heart disease is the number one killer of people in the United States, the importance of this benefit cannot be understated.
- Stronger immune system: Fatty acids also help to boost your immune system by regulating intestinal flora, which creates a strong natural barrier against illness-causing microbes.
- Benefits for diabetics: Hemp oil has a low carb count and sugar content, which makes it an outstanding additive for diabetics who want to get the nutrients it contains without having to worry about what it will do to their blood sugar levels. In fact, many of the nutrients present in hemp oil can actually help to maintain moderate blood sugar levels.
- Psoriasis prevention: Psoriasis is a condition caused in part by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids, which as we’ve already mentioned are found in high doses in hemp oil. By improving sky oxygenation and hydration, hemp oil can also help to prevent the occurrence of psoriasis.
- Relief of inflammation: The antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory agents found in hemp oil are useful for relieving pain caused by arthritis, as well as symptoms of organ damage, atherosclerosis and many other conditions associated with inflammation in the body.
- Healthier skin: Many of the minerals and vitamins found in hemp oil support stronger, healthier and more vibrant and youthful skin. This is why it’s become such a popular additive into skin creams and balms.
For more reasons why you should make hemp oil a part of your everyday routine, contact us today at QC Infusion.